The following policies apply to all functions at Valley Country Club. Please consult the General Manager if you have any questions.
- All Ballroom functions exceeding 100 persons require a non-refundable deposit of $1,500.00 in order to formally reserve a date; all Ballroom functions less than 100 persons require a non-refundable deposit of $750.00 to formally reserve a date. All Victorian Room functions require a $500.00 deposit to formally reserve a date. Deposits paid will be deducted from the final bill. All forms of payment are accepted for initial deposits. Major credit card payments may not exceed $2000.
- The Club must receive full payment in cash or certified check at least 72 hours in advance of the function. No function will take place unless such payment has been arranged and/or received.
- Final menus are required 30 days in advance of your function. A guaranteed number of guests must be given to the Club Manager at least 10 working days in advance. If the Club receives no guaranteed number, the last highest estimate will become the guaranteed count. No reduction of the final count is allowed within ten (10) days of the date of the function and the client will be responsible to pay for the guaranteed count. In the event that unexpected guests should attend, we will make every attempt to serve the same menu item, however, this cannot be guaranteed.
- Billing will be for the guaranteed number. The Club will be prepared to set for and serve no more than 2% above the guaranteed number.
- A Service Charge of 20% will be added to all charges and the RI State Sales Tax (currently 8%) will be added to all charges. Any group claiming a tax-exemption must provide a Rhode Island tax exemption certificate.
- Lunch and dinner entrée selections are limited to two (2) choices and a $2.00 per person charge will be added to all three choice entrees. Lunch menus are not available for evening events or wedding receptions. Dietary substitutions are available upon request. When more than one entrée is selected, you will be required to guarantee the number of each entrée and provide a means of identifying which guests get which entrée.
- Outside caterers or food products prepared off premise are not allowed, with the exception of wedding cakes, and wedding favors. Homemade ethnic desserts are permitted only when purchasing another dessert from VCC.
- We reserve the right to control any items and/or services brought in by outside vendors. If VCC offers the same or comparable item/service, such amenity must be obtained through VCC.
- No food or beverage items may be brought into the Club without the prior approval of Club management. All food and beverage items prepared by the Club and not consumed remain the property of the Club and may not be taken after a function.
- While every attempt will be made to insure that the price for food and beverage items remains constant, the volatility of markets makes it impossible to guarantee pricing beyond 30 days. Prices are subject to change.
- Once the contract is validated, it is understood that if the client should cancel for any reason before or on the date of the function, the entire deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable. In the event the client cancels this agreement for any reason prior to or on the date of the function, the client's deposit and any and all prepayments made, shall be retained by Valley C.C. as liquidated damages. Under the Club Manager’s discretion, the deposit may be transferred toward another reservation within the same calendar year.
- There are minimum requirements for special events on selected days of the week, please contact the Club Manager for these requirements.
- We reserve the right to limit and control the amount of alcoholic beverages consumed by your guests. No alcohol may be purchased or served to any guest under the age of 21. Valley C.C. practices responsible alcohol service and will refuse service to any guest or patron deemed to be intoxicated. All functions that request a bartender are required to generate a minimum of $500.00 in bar sales; otherwise a $250.00 bartender fee will be applied.
- Liability for damage to Valley Country Club premises will be charged accordingly. VCC cannot assume responsibility for personal property and equipment brought into the premises. The client assumes all responsibility and shall indemnify and hold Valley Country Club harmless from and against any and all physical damage to non Club property, and for any personal injury to guests and employees of the Club caused by acts, conduct or omissions of the client and their guests. Valley Country Club reserves the right to cancel a function at any time (including during the event) where the rules are not being observed or when the functions are of a nature not suitable to the Club.
- If Valley Country Club is unable to perform its obligations under this agreement for any reason beyond its control, including but not limited to strikes, labor disputes, accidents, government requisitions, restriction or regulations on commodities, acts of war or God, such non-performance is excused and VCC will not be liable for consequential damages of any nature.
- Clients are responsible to ensure that all contracted vendors and performers act in accordance with all local and State laws, regulations and ordinances; as well as Club rules and policies. The client shall be held responsible for damage caused to Club property by a contracted vendor or performer. Valley Country Club shall not honor any demands or arrangements made for, or by, a third party contract. Performers are expected to be set-up 1 1/2 hours prior to the start of an event and must vacate the property within 1 hour after the conclusion of an event.
- Guests are to provide their own centerpieces. Delivery and set up time is 1 1/2 hours prior to the event. Your florist is responsible for placing your arrangements in the appropriate locations. All floral equipment must be removed at the conclusion of your event. The State of Rhode Island prohibits the use of open-flamed candles. Candles with a hurricane glass or a votive surrounding the flame are recommended. Bubbles, confetti, rice and any items smaller than 3 inches in diameter are not allowed. The use of such items will mandate a $500 clean-up fee. Please inform your Sales Representative if you will be having party favors. Please note that the State of Rhode Island does not permit the distribution of alcoholic beverages as favors.